One of the best parts about this time of year is the food. Hearty comfort foods made with seasonal produce decorate our plates and fill our bellies, leaving us feeling full and happy.
Aside from that, these foods are also loaded with good-for-your-hair nutrients that help to protect it from breakage and the damaging, drying effects of colder winter air.
Load up your plate with these fruits and veggies for more radiant, youthful-looking hair this season.
- Blood oranges. These citrus fruits appear purple on the inside, thanks to compounds known as anthocyanins. Anthocyanins are nutritional powerhouses that help to protect skin, hair, and other cells in your body from damaging free radicals. Blood oranges are also a good source of vitamin C, which helps your body to repair and manufacture tissue as well as make volume-boosting collagen.
- Pomegranates. The juice and seeds of this festive fruit are packed full of powerful antioxidants that help maintain collagen production, strengthening your hair’s connective tissue. Its high antioxidant content also helps to increase blood circulation to the scalp, promoting and encouraging hair growth.
- Kale. Aside from being packed full of vitamins A and C, and fiber, this seasonal super-green is also loaded with omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids that promote hair growth and help to give it that shiny, youthful bounce. Kale also helps to prevent breakage. And if you aren’t exactly a fan of the slightly bitter taste? Spinach is another great leafy green option for healthy strands.
- Sweet potato. This veggie is a staple on many holiday tables, but it also does wonders for your hair. The beta-carotene in sweet potatoes is converted into vitamin A in the body, which is needed for shiny hair that’s full of volume. Beta-carotene also encourages the production of sebum, the substance responsible for moisturized, shiny strands.
- Lemon. When applied topically, this bright winter fruit can help keep your hair shiny and your scalp healthy by naturally treating excess oil and dandruff. Lemons also help maintain your hair and body’s overall pH balance. Proper pH balance encourages your to hair retain moisture and protects the follicles, preventing breakage.
Kalos Hair Transplant LLC
Atlanta, GA 30342