Atlanta Hair Transplant
Welcome to Kalos Hair Transplant in Atlanta, where you will find the latest, most advanced hair transplantation techniques available. We understand the emotional and professional impact that hair loss can have. Our center is proud to treat both men and women with state-of-the-art solutions to restore a full head of healthy, natural hair.
Dr. Benjamin Stong is the only plastic surgeon in Atlanta to offer NeoGraft, which is the most revolutionary and least invasive hair restoration system available. NeoGraft uses advanced harvesting and implantation techniques that leaves no stitches, requires minimal downtime and is undectable to others.
The Latest Hair Restoration Techniques
There are many reasons that cause hair loss. In the past, the “strip method” surgery was the only surgical hair loss solution. This technique leaves unsightly linear scars and restricts hairstyles. However, there is now an advanced hair restoration technique that harvests individual follicles without a scalpel incision or the need for stitches. Dr. Stong uses this Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) technique with NeoGraft to effectively and discreetly restore your hair.
Kalos Hair Transplant offers NeoGraft because we are committed to the highest level of patient comfort and satisfaction. NeoGraft is the very best hair transplant solution in the industry and the first and only FDA cleared follicular unit harvesting and implantation system. The NeoGraft system delivers automation of the follicular unit extraction technique to accomplish superior results. Patients who choose NeoGraft from Dr. Stong in Atlanta can take advantage of the following benefits:
- More comfortable
- No stiches or linear scarring
- Minimal downtime
- Natural, superior results
We can help you regain the life you want and deserve with most advanced and least invasive hair transplantation methods available. The team of Kalos Hair Transplant works hard to give patients a comfortable, convenient and rewarding experience. We provide a variety of hair restoration options to suit your needs and preferences. Dr. Stong offers Follicular Unit Transfer, NeoGraft and Non-surgical hair loss treatment. Our clinic provides flexible payment options and financing plans to help you afford your hair transplant.
If hair loss is keeping you from enjoying the life you were meant to have, please contact Kalos Hair Transplant in Atlanta to schedule a consultation with Dr. Benjamin Stong. Dr. Stong is a double board certified plastic surgeon with extensive knowledge and talented artistry when it comes to improving your appearance.
We are not limited with our services to the hair on your head, we also provide:
Kalos Hair Transplant proudly offers hair transplant, restoration and replacement services to the following cities and surrounding North Atlanta communities:
- Johns Creek
- Peachtree City
- Sandy Springs
- Virginia Highlands
Hair Transplant FAQ
- Why do people lose their hair?
- Heredity is the primary cause of hair loss for men and women. Male pattern baldness is the most common cause for hair loss. It occurs as a result of the hormone dihydrotestesterone (DHT) and its response on the shrinkage and eventual loss of hair around the front, crown and top of the scalp. Hair loss can also be caused by stress, diet, hormonal change, aging as well as certain medical conditions and medications. Hair transplantation is a permanent solution to address all types of hair loss in male and female patients.
- What is the difference between female and male pattern hair loss?
- Androgenic alopecia is the type of hair loss that affects men and women. It is caused by a genetic predisposition to the hormone Dihydrotestosterone (DHT). When DHT levels rise, the hair follicles shrivel and hair growth diminishes. However, men and women typically have different responses to DHT and thus different patterns of hair loss.
Male pattern baldness often begins as a receding hairline and thinning hair around the crown area. If left untreated, hair loss can progress to baldness due to the eventual death of hair follicles in these regions of the scalp. For most men, the side and back of the head are less affected by DHT.
In contrast, female pattern hair loss starts with thinning hair across the central area of the scalp and progresses outward if not treated. Most women retain their hairline but thinning can be seen in the temples and above the ears. Only a small number of women will experience widespread baldness.
- What medical conditions cause hair loss?
- There are a number of medical conditions or diseases that cause hair loss in both men and women. These include: thyroid disease, anemia, lupus, protein deficiency, polycystic ovary syndrome and low vitamin levels.
- How is hair loss managed medically?
- Although hair transplant surgery is the most permanent and effective medical treatment for hair loss, there are also ways to medically manage hair loss without surgery. At Kalos Hair Transplant, we offer a full spectrum of proven treatment options for hair loss, including the use of medications (Rogaine or Propecia) and platelet rich plasma (PRP) injections that stimulate new hair growth. Hair loss can also be treated by managing an underlying medial condition in some patients. Dr. Stong will carefully listen to your treatment goals and evaluate your hair loss condition before recommending the most effective surgical or non-surgical treatment options that are available to you. It is important to understand that many hair loss treatments require ongoing maintenance therapy for enduring results.
- What are the benefits of using Rogaine with Minoxidil?
- Minoxidil is an FDA approved topical medication that is used in the treatment of male-pattern baldness. It was originally developed as an antihypertensive medication. Minoxidil does not work for everyone, but it can stop the progression of male pattern balding and stimulate new hair growth in some individuals. This type of non-surgical hair loss treatment is best for younger patients who have the beginning signs of hair loss.
- What is the risk of Propecia?
- Propecia is known as the first drug in history to effectively treat male pattern baldness in the majority of men who use it. Unfortunately, A U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) analysis of adverse event data revealed widespread reports of male sexual dysfunction as a side effect of otherwise healthy Propecia users ages 21 to 46. Beyond its sexual side effects, in a very small number of patients the sexual side effects can be permanent. Propecia has also been linked to a higher risk for prostate cancer and male infertility.
- How is PRP (platelet rich plasma) used in hair loss and hair transplant?
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is effective in both the prevention of hair loss and stimulation of new hair growth in dormant hair follicles. These highly concentrated blood plasma platelets and growth factors can maximize hair growth after hair transplant surgery and facilitate faster healing at the graft sites.
- What is a hair transplant?
- A hair transplant is a surgical procedure in which hair is harvested from the back and/or sides of the scalp (donor site) to areas that are thinning or bald on the front, top, or crown of the scalp (recipient site). At Kalos Hair Transplant, we offer two effective types of hair transplant, Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) and automated Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) using NeoGraft. Once the healthy hair follicles are transplanted, the hair will continue to grow for a lifetime.
- Who is a candidate for hair transplant?
- Dr. Stong, can best determine your candidacy for hair transplantation. He is a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in hair restoration and the most advanced treatment approaches available. Your candidacy will be based on consideration of the following factors: cause of your hair loss, your age, the density of your donor supply, the severity of your hair loss and your desired treatment goals. Ideal candidates for NeoGraft hair transplant are those who do not want hairstyle restrictions and who have an adequate and stable donor hair supply in the back of the scalp.
- Where is the donor site for the procedure?
- The donor site is the area in which healthy hair follicles are extracted for transplantation into the balding areas of the scalp. Hair transplant surgery uses the back of the scalp as a donor site, as this area is often the most resistant to hair loss and supplies a stable and adequate supply of hair for balding areas in both men and women.
- Is there a scar with hair transplant?
- The presence of a scar after hair transplant directly depends on the method of hair transplant you choose. Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) is the latest and most preferred choice in hair restoration, and it leaves no visible scarring compared to the Follicular Unit Transfer (FUT) method that results in a linear scar in the back of the scalp. The absence of visible scarring and significantly reduced downtime are primary advantages of choosing NeoGraft FUE for hair restoration.
- What is FUE (follicular unit extraction)?
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) is a minimally invasive hair transplantation technique in which follicular unit grafts are individually removed from the donor area of the scalp and transplanted to the recipient (thinning or balding) area. The grafts are removed using the leading NeoGraft technology, which provides countless benefits over an FUT or “strip method harvest” approach. There is no linear scar and no stitches are required. Therefore, patients can enjoy little to no restrictions following surgery and they have the freedom to choose shorter hairstyles. FUE using NeoGraft uses improved efficiency and increased precision and produces completely natural results.
- What is FUT (follicular unit transfer)?
- Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT), also known as “strip method”, is a traditional hair transplant approach in which follicular units (1 to 4 hairs) are taken from a donor site (the area in the back or sides of the scalp) and implanted into the bald or balding areas of the scalp. However, the FUT technique accomplishes this by removing a strip of scalp tissue from the donor area. This donor strip is then separated into individual follicular units using microscopic dissection and the grafts are prepared for implantation into the recipient area of the scalp. Unlike FUE, FUT hair restoration can leave an unsightly linear scar that can preclude shorter hairstyles. It also requires sutures or staples to close the donor site. Thus, a lengthy downtime and an extended period of restricted activity can be expected.
- What is the benefit of FUE vs. FUT?
- The Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) technique is notably the most preferred method of hair transplant because it produces the most natural results, fastest recovery time and no scarring. FUE is a method of extracting, or “harvesting,” follicular units one-by-one directly from the scalp. This donor harvesting method is what distinguishes the FUE procedure from Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT), in which a single strip of scalp is removed in order to dissect hair follicles from the donor area. Dr. Stong uses the advanced NeoGraft technology to carry out FUE hair transplants. The NeoGraft FUE approach eliminates the presence of a linear scar and allows patients to wear their hairstyles short. FUE also requires no incisions and no stitches, and therefore allows for minimal downtime after surgery.
- What is NeoGraft?
- The NeoGraft (FUE) technology can provide the most natural and favorable recovery. NeoGraft is an automated, hand-held device that is guided by a skilled hair transplant surgeon to perform the hair transplant using a follicular unit extraction technique. By choosing Dr. Stong to perform the NeoGraft Hair Transplant, patients gain the artistry, experience and judgment that an independent robotic system cannot deliver. Robotic systems tend to have a higher graft transection rate and are consequently less efficient and more expensive. Since hair follicles tend to grow in various directions, only an experienced hair transplant team can account for these growth pattern and alter extraction techniques to get healthier, more viable grafts.
- Why is NeoGraft the best FUE system?
- NeoGraft is an elite hair restoration system for many reasons. It is a hand-held device that is partially automated. Therefore it provides mechanical reliability, efficiency and precision along with the independent guidance of a skilled and talented plastic surgeon. NeoGraft uses an air pressure/suction system with automated controls to carefully extract complete individual hair follicles at a faster rate than manual FUE methods used in the past. In fact, NeoGraft allows up to 3000 follicular unit grafts to be transplanted in one session. Its “no touch” implantation technology means that patient comfort is respected throughout the procedure and scarring is non-existent. NeoGraft is known as the least invasive and most precise FUE system available in hair transplantation.
- Is the procedure painful?
- At Kalos Hair Transplant, we work hard to keep patients comfortable and relaxed throughout their entire hair transplant procedure. With the help of advanced local anesthetics and oral medications, your hair transplant should be painless. Patients can rest, listen to music or watch TV for the duration of the surgery.
- How long does hair transplant surgery last?
- An average hair transplantation procedure takes about 4-7 hours, but this depends on the number of grafts needed as well as the specific hair restoration method you choose. Typically, smaller 500 graft session lasts 3 to 4 hours, while 2500 to 3000 grafts can take up to 8 hours or more.
- What is the healing process like from NeoGraft?
- One of the leading benefits of choosing NeoGraft for follicular unit extraction is that it requires no incisions. Without stiches or staples, the recovery and healing period after NeoGraft is very minimal. In fact, most patients are able to return to work the next day. Immediately after surgery, you can expect small scabs to form on the scalp at the grafted site; however, they will fall off in 7 to 14 days. New hair growth begins in 3-4 months, with continued growth of about a half an inch per month. Grafted follicles continue to be recruited into a growth phase, with final results achieved at one year. PRP and topical treatments can be used to expedite the healing process and hair transplant regrowth.
- Does NeoGraft look natural?
- NeoGraft produces remarkably natural results. With today’s technology advancements and Dr. Stong’s talented artistry and skill, your hair transplantation can be undetectable. NeoGraft allows Dr. Stong to carefully transplant each hair follicle into the scalp in a way that produces a natural hairline and growth patterns that are consistent with the rest of your hair.
- Are the results from NeoGraft permanent?
- Yes, results of NeoGraft hair transplant are permanent for both men and women. Because each individual follicular unit is grafted to a patient’s thinning or balding areas in their natural state, they can continue to grow in a normal, healthy pattern for a lifetime.
- Will my hair loss continue to progress after hair transplant?
- While the transplanted hairs are permanent and resistant to further hair loss, hairs that were in the bald areas prior to transplant will experience further hair loss without medical treatment for hair loss. Any medical conditions that are a cause for hair loss should be treated and managed to prevent further hair loss.
- Will I need to do any maintenance therapy?
- Dr. Stong can best recommend whether or not maintenance therapy is beneficial after your surgery. We may suggest that you take medications or receive low-level laser therapy for hair loss to help you keep the hairs that were on the head prior to transplant and the hair restoration results you have achieved. Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) injections are also commonly used to promote new hair growth and faster healing at the hair transplant graft sites.
- How much does hair transplantation cost?
- How much your procedure costs depends on your chosen hair transplant method as well as the number of grafts you need to fully address your hair loss concerns. Though the initial procedure cost of a hair transplant can be more expensive than other options, it can give you a long lasting solution with the most natural results. Contact our office to schedule a consultation for a more detailed cost estimate or to learn about our payment options.
VIRTUALLY "TRY ON" NeoGraft®
Ever wonder what you could look like after a NeoGraft treatment? Now you can "try on" your treatment by uploading your photo!Disclaimer: Your results/photos are revealed in office at time of consultation with Dr. StongUPLOAD YOUR PHOTO