As you style your hair, you notice that it sheds into your brush and onto the floor. Thinking back, you realize that your hair has been dropping bit by bit every day: it’s on your pillow, in the shower, in the laundry, on the floor. If you’re wondering why, it turns out there are lots of reasons you might have hair loss.
- Stress Hormones can push your hair follicles into a state of rest, which, over time can result in shedding.
- Medications like chemotherapy may result in hair loss. It’s not the only one, though: any chemical from birth control to heart disease medication can have this effect on your hair.
- Health and Nutrition go hand in hand. If you don’t get all the micronutrients you need, it can affect your health, your skin and locks. Iron and B complex vitamins (among others) are important to hair health! Hypothyroidism is also a cause of hair loss that can be supported through good nutrition.
- Environment: Spending the summer in the pool or at the beach? Exposure to harsh chemicals, like chlorine or seawater can dry and damage your hair. It might not shed from the root, but shaft breakage can make it look like your hair is falling out.
- Life: Pregnancy, Post-Partum, Peri-Menopausal, and Post-Menopausal hormones are fluctuating and less stable. They can cause moodiness, quick temperature changes, and hair loss.
- Aging and Genetics: As a woman, if your mother’s or grandmother’s hair thinned, you are likely to have thinning as well.
If you’re worried about your thinning hair, call Kalos Hair Restoration. At your consultation, we can help you choose from several techniques, depending on the level of regrowth you desire. You’ll be on your way back to a full head of hair before you know it.
Posted on behalf of Kalos Hair Restoration
5670 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE, #910
Atlanta, GA 30342