Much like hair anywhere else on the body, eyebrows can become thin or stop growing altogether. This can be a troublesome and embarrassing condition, but with understanding and treatment, this condition can be repaired.
Eyebrow Hair Loss
Eyebrow hair loss can be caused by several factors. Nutrient deficiencies, hormonal imbalance, physical trauma, stress or autoimmune disorders are some culprits. Let’s break these down to discover how they can affect hair growth.
- Deficiencies in certain nutrients such as vitamin A, zinc, biotin, vitamin C or iron can cause hair on the brows to thin and fall out. Blood tests can reveal these deficiencies.
- Hormonal imbalance brought on by thyroid disease is a common culprit in eyebrow hair loss. When the thyroid gland produces too much or too little hormone, this can lead to many bodily systems becoming imbalanced, including hair production.
- Physical trauma. If you have suffered an injury to the brow area, this can cause damage to the hair follicles, causing hair loss.
- Stress is the cause of many health related issues including hair loss. High stress can lead to hormonal imbalances and reduce the amount of oxygen delivered to hair follicles.
- Autoimmune disorders such as psoriasis causes rapid growth of skin cells. This results in red scaly patches that can be painful. This causes the hair follicles to be damaged, leading to hair loss.
Treatment for Hair Loss
Finding successful treatment for eyebrow hair loss was once a daunting task. Many men and women were forced to use eyebrow pencils to mask the appearance of thinning brows. But now Dr. Stong and the team at Kalos Hair Transplant can restore thin, sparse eyebrows to create lush, thick brows using the NeoGraft system. Dr. Stong’s experience as a board-certified facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon gives him expert knowledge in facial anatomy, resulting in full eyebrows that perfectly accent your features.
Don’t suffer from thinning brows another day. Visit us here to request an appointment today. Our friendly staff is waiting to answer any questions you may have.
Posted on behalf of Kalos Hair Transplant
5670 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE, #910
Atlanta, GA 30342