If you are experiencing hair loss, chances are you know the reason behind it. Genetics play a major role in hair loss, so if your father lost his hair, you have a greater chance of following suit. There are other more surprising causes of hair loss, some of which can be prevented.
Hair Loss Causes
There are many reasons you could be experiencing hair loss.
- Medications – Certain prescription drugs can lead to hair loss, including some blood thinners, acne medications, anabolic steroids or other medications that treat high blood pressure, mood disorders or arthritis.
- Hormones – After giving birth, some women experience hair loss due to the shift in hormones. This condition should correct itself within a few months after delivery. Hair loss due to hormonal changes can also be brought on by certain contraceptives.
- Low Iron – Iron is a key component to healthy hair. If your iron is low, this could lead to hair loss, and also cause brittle nails, pale skin and a fast heartbeat.
- Stress – Large bouts of stress can take its toll on many bodily functions, which can cause your immune system to start attacking your own body, including your hair follicles.
- Weight Loss Surgery – If you are experiencing hair loss after bariatric surgery, your doctor may suggest zinc supplements to help.
- Lack of Protein – Protein is essential to a healthy body. If you have low protein, your body will conserve its supply. This could cause hair growth to stop, and lead to shedding of hair.
- Harsh Styling – Curling irons, hair dryers and chemical processing can wreak havoc on your hair, leading to hair loss.
If you are experiencing hair loss, it is important to seek the advice of an expert in hair restoration. Dr. Benjamin Stong and the team at Kalos Hair Restoration are ready to provide you with the most up-to-date techniques, and partner with you to find the best solution to restore your hair and your confidence. Call us at (404) 963-0871 or contact us online to schedule an appointment. We look forward to hearing from you!
Posted on behalf of Kalos Hair Transplant
5670 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE, #910
Atlanta, GA 30342