Cold weather affects our skin as well as our hair. The lack of humidity from the cold air and indoor heat dry our scalp. This can lead to flakes and brittle hair. In order to prevent this, there are some techniques you can use to keep your healthy, lustrous hair all year long.
Keep Yourself Moisturized
There are certain products available over the counter that you may want to consider incorporating as part of your winter hair routine.
- If not regularly used, you should get a shampoo that contains shea butter. You can add natural essential oils like lemongrass, which open the cuticle of the hair and allows for moisture to be absorbed more easily.
- You can also incorporate the use a thick, rich, moisturizing conditioner at least once a week. It should contain fatty acids and humectants, like soy protein and panthenol.
- When it comes to styling your hair, a cream is better than gel.
- A hydrating hair mask applied to the strands can help lock in moisture.
- If your hair looks dull you can spray on a hair mist to make it shiny again.
Make sure to check your labels. You’ll want to avoid any products that contain alcohol which can dry out your scalp.
When the harsh weather is in full effect, you’ll be glad that you took these extra precautions. Prevention is easier than trying to repair dull, brittle, dry hair. So be prepared and start your winter hair routine now. If there’s anything we can do to help, feel free to contact us. The experts at Kalos Hair Transplant in Atlanta are here for you.
Posted on behalf of Kalos Hair Transplant
5670 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE, #910
Atlanta, GA 30342