Micro-droplet Fat Stem Cell Hair Loss Treatments
Stem cells are undoubtedly the most promising and advanced non-surgical treatment for hair loss to date. Stem cells are tiny, highly adaptive, precursor cells found in the body that can divide and differentiate into various cell types. Hair follicles also contain stem cells. However, these hair stem cells can become damaged or inactivated, which results in male or female pattern baldness. By injecting harvested stem cells into the scalp, these damaged hair follicles can be repaired and new hair growth can be effectively stimulated. Dr. Stong offers this revolutionary stem cell therapy for hair loss by using stem cells obtained from adipose tissue, or fat. Fat contains the most concentrated amount of adult stem cells in the body.
Fat Stem Cell Therapy For Natural Hair Restoration
Fat stem cells are placed using micro-droplet fat injections, which involves a mini liposuction procedure to obtain fat stem cells from abdominal fat. These fat stem cells are purified in a centrifuge and then injected directly into the balding areas of the scalp. Based on cell-to-cell communication and micro-environmental signaling, the fat-derived stem cells are able to induce more hair follicles to grow by activating or signally existing dormant follicles to enter into a growth phase.
Fat stem cell therapy can be used as a standalone non-surgical treatment for hair loss or in combination with a hair transplants to achieve optimal results. It is almost universal to inject fat stem cells along with platelet-rich plasma (PRP), which creates a powerful medium for hair growth stimulation and future hair loss stabilization. Additionally, the portions of the fat graft that survive provide a platform for increasing blood flow to the scalp and a healthier environment for hair follicles to grow in.
For more information on how your own stem cells can restore a full, healthy head of hair, please contact Kalos Hair Transplant today. We cater our non-surgical hair loss treatments according to your specific needs and concerns. Whether you are looking to boost your hair transplant results or reverse your thinning hair without surgery, we can help. Dr. Stong carries remarkable talent and unsurpassed skill when it comes to treating hair loss in both men and women. Micro-droplet fat stem cell injections initiate a completely natural hair restoration process that can restore your confidence and vitality.
Micro-droplet Fat Stem Cell Injections FAQ
- What role do stem cells play in hair loss treatment?
- Adult stem cells are thought of as young cells that are unspecialized, which means they are capable of dividing, differentiating and forming into various tissues. They are also your body’s natural regenerative cells, as they seek out damaged or diseased tissues and facilitate repair and restoration of these tissues.
To understand what role stem cells play in hair loss treatment, it is important to understand what occurs in male and female pattern hair loss. All hair follicles contain stem cells. However, in androgenetic alopecia (common baldness), the hair follicles begin a miniaturization, or thinning, process in which the hair follicles shrink and are unable to stimulate new hair growth.
By harvesting adult stem cells, also called mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs), from fat or adipose tissue and injecting these unspecialized cells into the balding areas of the scalp, they can activate existing hair follicles that had been previously dormant and induce new hair growth. Although there are three accessible sources of adult stem cells in the body (blood, fat, and bone marrow), adipose tissue (fat cells) are considered the richest source of MSCs.
While stem cells themselves release powerful mediators that stimulate hair growth, platelets and growth factors in PRP are also thought to induce this regenerative process. Therefore, PRP is almost always combined with fat stem cell injections for optimal results.
Additionally, it is strongly suggested that fat injections to the scalp may also provide a platform for an improved overall blood supply to the hair follicles, which further induces hair follicles and hair stem cells to enter a growth phase.
- How are fat stem cells harvested?
- Stem cells are most commonly harvested from abdominal fat through a mini-liposuction procedure. These adult derived stem cells are stored within the connective tissue of the fat graft. They are released and activated from the portions of the fat graft that don’t survive. Fat is considered a stem cell rich therapy in terms of hair loss treatment.
- How are stem cells thought to work with other hair loss procedures?
- Considering stem cells powerful benefits as a standalone procedure, the fat stem cell injections can only enhance other hair loss procedures when used in combination. Stem cell therapy can complement a hair transplant surgery as well as be combined with PRP treatment to promote hair follicle growth and hair density.
- Are fat stem cells combined with hair transplants?
- Yes, but fat stem cells are also effective and commonly used as a standalone procedure to boost growth and density of hair follicles in the scalp. It can be used to stabilize hair loss and support a previous hair transplant procedure in the years following surgery.
- Do stem cells transform into hair cells or follicles?
- Although there is no direct evidence yet, there are theories that suggest that stem cells could actually form new hairs in addition to follicle stimulation. Scientists were recently able to genetically modify adult human skin cells to make an epithelial stem cell, which is one of the building blocks for functioning hair follicles. When the scientists planted these epithelial cells onto mice, the stem cells transformed into cells for both human skin and hair follicles. The cells even produced structurally recognizable hair shafts. The use of stem cells in hair restoration is an innovative approach that continues to evolve and produce new promise for balding men and women.