If you have noticed some hair loss, you may be concerned that going bald is in your future. The good news is that, if recognized early, it may be possible to halt and even reverse early signs of hair loss.
Common Early Hair Loss Signals
- Bald spots – you may notice small areas where your scalp is visible. This is especially noticeable along the hairline or on the crown of the head.
- An increase in hair loss – While it is typical to lose between 50-100 hairs a day through normal shedding, more than that could be a sign of hair loss. If you begin to lose more hair in the shower, or if you notice more on your pillow than normal, it may be time to visit a healthcare professional.
- Thinning hair – This one is a bit trickier to notice. Hair texture changes as we age, so it is normal for your hair to feel differently as the years pass. It is worth a visit to your healthcare professional if the thinning occurs rapidly, or if hair that is growing in seems thinner than the rest of your hair. This could be a sign of an underlying medical condition.
Ways to Combat Early Hair Loss
If you have noticed more hairs on your hairbrush, it may be time to face the issue head-on. There are steps you can take to address early hair loss that could reverse and even restore your hair.
- Reduce stress – stress plays a major factor in hair loss through the overproduction of cortisol. Find ways to reduce stress in your life. Getting some exercise, paying attention to your diet and practicing meditation can all help in dropping your stress levels.
- See a dermatologist – Even if you have only begun to notice small changes in your hair, it is never too early to visit a professional for their opinion. A dermatologist can reveal possible reasons behind hair loss, such as a skin condition that can be treated, which can stop your hair loss.
Non-Surgical Treatments at Kalos Hair Restoration
Dr. Benjamin Stong and the team at Kalos Hair Restoration are the experts at identifying and treating early hair loss. Schedule your consultation today to discover which treatment is right for you.
Posted on behalf of Kalos Hair Restoration
5670 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE, #910
Atlanta, GA 30342