The cold, windy, dry weather during our Atlanta, Georgia winter months can unfortunately wreak havoc on your nice head of hair. Split ends can start to develop, hair is more susceptible to breaking, and your scalp can become dry and itchy.
To help combat some of theses effects that winter has on your hair and scalp, follow these 8 tips that are outlined below:
- Shampoo less often. Doing so will help prevent an itchy, flaky scalp
- Eat healthy. By eating healthy, your body will get the proper nutrients needed by your hair
- Don’t stress. Believe it or not, the condition of your hair can be affected by your stress level; so take a chill pill and relax
- Moisturize. Giving your hair an extra dose of moisturizer (preferably oil-based) during the winter months will help it from drying out
- Get weekly hair conditioning treatments. To keep hair hydrated you should perform weekly hair treatments to replace the lost moisture. To do so, slather on a thick conditioner and let it soak into your hair shaft and scalp for 30 minutes
- Combat static. Using a leave-in conditioner will help calm those hard to control strands that want to stand up. Static is a key sign of dryness so keep your hair hydrated with regular conditioning, then lock it in with a leave-in conditioner.
- Don’t go platinum. Platinum hair color is very damaging to your hair. During the winter months, when your hair is most vulnerable, it’s best to stick with a darker dye.
- Cut back on chemicals and heat. Chemical straighteners, hairdryers, flat-irons, curling irons can break and further damage your already compromised winter hair.
More Hair Care Tips
For more tips visit Kalos Hair Transplant in Atlanta. We’re committed to helping you know how to best care for your luscious locks.
Posted on behalf of Kalos Hair Transplant
5670 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE, #910
Atlanta, GA 30342