So you’ve just completed your platelet-rich plasma hair loss treatment in Atlanta, now what?
For about 2 – 5 days post-op you can expect possible mild bruising, redness, itching, swelling and/or soreness. Also, as the cells in your scalp are being activated it’s normal to feel a tingling sensation.
To help ensure a quick recovery and successful results we recommend the following:
- For pain or discomfort, you can take Tylenol or other Acetaminophen-containing products. Avoid aspirin, Advil, Motrin, Ibuprofen, Naproxen, Voltaren and other anti-inflammatory medications for 3 – 7 days after your procedure.
- For at least 2 days after your treatment, you should avoid vigorous exercise, sun and heat exposure.
- Don’t wet your hair for at least 3 hours after your treatment.
- Don’t use any hair products for at least 6 hours post-op.
- Use a pH balanced shampoo for the first three days.
- The evening after your treatment take a hot shower and wash your hair.
- Avoid saunas, steam rooms, swimming for 2 days after your treatment.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine, and smoking for at least 3 days after treatment. Smokers heal poorly and results may not last as long so consider quitting altogether.
- Wait three days until you color your hair, or resume use of hair growth products containing Minoxidil.
Other Instructions for PRP
The above information is just a general guideline, so our surgeon may give you different instructions which are specific to your case. Before leaving from your PRP procedure, be sure that you completely understand what you can expect, and what directions you need to follow. If at any time you have any questions, give Dr. Stong of Kalos Hair Transplant in Atlanta a call
Posted on behalf of Kalos Hair Transplant
5670 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE, #910
Atlanta, GA 30342